Impress your clients with your office
First impressions are extremely important for the people you want to do business with. Walking into a beautiful building will set your potential clients on the path to feeling confident in your company’s abilities.
Here are five ways to make sure your office impresses your clients:
- Have a lovely reception area. Your client’s first human interaction will likely be in your reception area. The design style should be friendly and warm, with well-chosen wall-hangings and art. Use pastels and plants to add to a homey feel. Comfortable seating, beverages, and current reading material matter as well.
- Highlight efficient employee workspace. Make sure the work area is uncluttered, well-lit, and tastefully-decorated. If you have individual offices, make sure they also reflect a warm working environment.
- Use natural lighting. Look at ways to make use of all natural lighting in your space. This has a much cheerier effect than fluorescents. Even if it seems like your windows are limited, there are ways to highlight them. Here are some suggestions.
- Keep the bathrooms clean. Bathrooms should have nice lighting and mirrors, up-to-date fixtures, and be cleaned regularly. Nice paper towels, good-smelling soap, and an effective but subtle air-freshener will impress your clients if they need to stop into the restroom.
- Have a comfortable meeting area. Wherever you’re meeting with your client, comfort will be key. Chairs should be adjustable. The area should feature amenities like fresh coffee and water bottles. Lighting should be natural and non-intrusive. Art and colors should be well-curated. And the area should be free from clutter, allowing you and your client to focus on the task at hand.