Five benefits of natural lighting in your office space
Many modern office spaces have switched from the traditional fluorescents and are opting for lots of natural light. There’s an aesthetic reason for this design trend, but it also makes your office building a better place overall. Here are five reasons why:
- Good lighting promotes employee health. With good lighting in your office, your employees avoid eye strain, have fewer headaches, are in better moods, and have less drowsiness. Natural light can make your employees much more interested in coming to work.
- Good lighting promotes productivity. A 2017 report found that employees who are exposed to natural light during the day slept better at night. This, on top of the ongoing health benefits, can result in at least a 2 percent increase in productivity, which adds up quickly!
- Natural light is great for plants. An office with plants in it has been found to make the environment much more pleasant and have a positive effect on workers’ mental health. With natural light in abundance, an office space becomes a more ideal location for bringing in a variety of plants. [Text Wrapping Break]
- Natural lighting saves you money. An office with natural light will end up saving you a significant amount on utility costs. If placed strategically, you may not need electric lights at all during certain parts of the day. [Text Wrapping Break]
- Natural lighting is environmentally friendly. Overall, natural lighting requires less to be spent on heating and cooling as well as artificial lights.
The next time you’re looking for an office space, keep in mind that finding one with beautiful natural lighting will be a terrific long-term investment. Look for skylights, floor to ceiling windows, transom windows, and more. If you’re staying in your current space for a while and want to maximize what you’ve got, click here for ideas.